Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need the app for the Sound ID 510 bluetooth; however, I cannot find it - any ideas

I need the app for the Sound ID 510 bluetooth; however, I cannot find it - any ideas

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 8:57 PM

10 replies

Oct 7, 2014 10:10 AM in response to Dr_Ison

I found my Sound ID 510 bluetooth in my car the other day. I had not attempted to use it my my 5s, so I tried to pair it. My phone recognized it, but would not pair. I found the solution in post from Oct 2011:

Problem solves with a soft RESET of the SoundID unit.

Here is the way to reset the unit:

To RESET your headset: If you experience problems during pairing, you can perform a soft reset on your headset. Place the headset into pairing mode and wait for it to flash red and green. Then tap the Main Button twice. The status light will turn ORANGE. Turn the headset OFF and then ON and it will go into pairing mode. You must then re-pair the headset to your phone.

Mar 24, 2016 8:23 AM in response to aglad5

Thanks for this! These darn devices are so expensive and I wanted and extra one to leave in the car. Dug this out, still had the box and manual! But the webpage doesnt exist anymore! BUT they still sell them on ebay and amazon!

BUT THIS WORKED!!! Thanks SO MUCH! It's the little things that can really make your day! 🙂 So thankful for this post, otherwise it was the end of the road for my 5 Series Sound ID! Thanks to you, it will get a little more life! Thank you and Happy Easter! 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.