Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone output to bluetooth speakers

There are many microphone apps on the App Store that can be used as a megaphone or microphone, etc - that allow you to talk into the iPhone microphone, then output this signal to speakers.

However, the speakers have to be wired.

In fact, most of the apps specifically state on the page that the speakers must be wired. I assume this is because many people have asked or been disappointed that you can't send the output to a bluetooth speaker.

If you search the web, there are A LOT of people that are inquiring about this and want such an app (including myself).

There is one app that allows you to record a message, then send it via WiFi or bluetooth to airplay or speakers - but nothing will do it live.

My question is this - given the obvious demand, why is there not currently an app to do such a thing? Is bluetooth too slow? Does Apple somehow prevent this type of signal flow?

iTunes 10-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 11:04 PM

6 replies

Apr 15, 2017 5:33 AM in response to slackyhacky

I wear hearing aids and use an Oticon Pros-treamer to listen to TV via my hearing aids. This allows me to increase the volume over that which others do not need. When in a loud restaurant it is difficult to hear table mates do to the background noise. I could purchase wireless mic for ~ $200+ it is expensive, quite small and could easily be lost. I already own an iphone with a mic which I could just slide across the table or place in the center to transmit table mate audio to my Pro-streamer and onto my hearing aids.

Jan 27, 2017 12:21 AM in response to Rudegar

It needs to wired probably because the phone will know that the output is some other equipment and not the phone.

Similarly the phone should also able to recognize that a bluetooth device is selected so that phone speakers are switched off.

I hope they build an app to output to a bluetooth device while i speak on the phone.

Cheers !

May 30, 2017 10:23 PM in response to slackyhacky

This app (not designed for that) technically will do exactly what have been looking for. I'm pretty sure that this feature has not been enabled on this app intentionally, but due a bug. Unfortunatelly, as the app is not designed for that (as told before), the poor sound quality wont let you use it as a practical alternative to a microphone. But try it so, as me, you can finally have a quiet sleep knowing that is technically possible 🙂

HearYouNow ExSilent B.V.

https://appsto.re/us/QKJ8H.i

Microphone output to bluetooth speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.