Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update 10.1.1 to 10.1.2. Any help on this would be terrific.

I have 10.1.1 installed. 10.1.2 is available. App Store says FC is installed. How do I update the app?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 6:44 AM

17 replies

Jul 29, 2014 9:35 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I don't have FCP 10.1.1 on multiple drives, only in applications. I am running 10.9.4 Mavericks. 10.1.1 FCPX runs without issue. I put it in the trash as per your recommendation. Nada. App Store remained inert. I pulled 10.1.1 back to Applications. App Store responded, Update. I did. Rev 10.1.1 was the result. Question, why update and still get 10.1.1. This has never happened before. I need 10.1.2 because Compressor requires it. I use Compressor in conjunction with Matrox without issue and need the hardware to speed up rendering. In the purchased page, I see installed as per the update page. Frustrating anyone?

Jul 29, 2014 11:06 PM in response to remoran

I had THE identical issue. I had 10.1.1, the app store - for no particular reason - downloaded 10.1.2 to my Documents Folder.

I spent hours with Apple on the phone, someone there finally suggested that I type Final Cut Pro.App in the spotlight then choose Show All In Finder. That was when I saw that 10.1.1 was in the trash (where I had put it) and 10.1.2 was in the Documents Folder (where the App Store downloaded it)

No-one could explain why this happened. For what it is worth, I ONLY have the first option selected in System Preferences/The App Store.

Hope this helps you...

Jul 30, 2014 6:33 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes I am. I did what Jacko recommended and logged out of App Store, trashed 10.1.1, shut down and restarted the mac and logged into app store but the purchase page installed button remains greyed out and app store says FCPX is installed. Grr. Question, Do I have to delete 10.1.1? I really don't want to do that if you know what I mean.

Best.

I cannot update 10.1.1 to 10.1.2. Any help on this would be terrific.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.