Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My volume control indicates headphones not speaker. No sound from iPad. Have checked the mute button is off and button is set to operate lock rotation. Any suggestions?

The iPad sound is not working and the volume control shows headphones rather than speaker. Mute is off and I cannot see any reference to headphone/speaker settings or switch. Any suggestions ?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 6:11 AM

Most likely something is stuck in the headphone jack. Try to vacuum it out or CAREFULLY use a straightened paperclip to remove any dust or lint. You can also try resetting your iPad by simultaneously pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Apple Logo. This can take up to 15 seconds so be patient and don't release the buttons until the logo appears. Try again to see if the problem persists.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2014 6:11 AM in response to Le Sau

Most likely something is stuck in the headphone jack. Try to vacuum it out or CAREFULLY use a straightened paperclip to remove any dust or lint. You can also try resetting your iPad by simultaneously pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Apple Logo. This can take up to 15 seconds so be patient and don't release the buttons until the logo appears. Try again to see if the problem persists.

My volume control indicates headphones not speaker. No sound from iPad. Have checked the mute button is off and button is set to operate lock rotation. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.