Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch 32GB 4th Gen Restore Problem

My Daughter was having problems with her ipod... the security code screen coming up and for her pin at strange times. I backed it up for her having had similar problem with my ipod touch 5th. then tried to do a system restore to factory settings. Seemed to stall telling me there was an error, then when I retried I get the ipod recovery mode and I am getting nowhere with it, it just keeps asking me to restore. It downloads the software and communicates apparently, well with the ipod, but then it comes back up with the restore mode and the screen is still showing the iTunes connect symbol on it with the usb connector.

Help is the thing dead or is there some route I should follow to fix it?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 11:46 AM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2014 11:54 AM in response to Cjazz229

Additional - I have tried connecting it via another pc that other ipod and ipad devices work normally on and I get the following screen message -

This security update provides a fix for SSL connection verification.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222>

It asks me to click next, I do so and it goes through the processes and then comes back up with ipod recovery mode message and the serial number does not show next to the device!

Jul 28, 2014 1:21 PM in response to Cjazz229

Maybe:

Restore loop (being prompted to restore again after a restore successfully completes)

Troubleshoot your USB connection. If the issue persists, out-of-date or incorrectly configured third-party security software may be causing this issue. Please follow Troubleshooting security software issues. .

Next try placing in DFU mode and then restoring.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

Then try restoring on another computer.

Last, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jul 29, 2014 12:35 PM in response to lllaass

Illaass - thanks that looked to be useful. However the ipod and iTunes went through their routines reloading firmware and everything, but when it came back on the iTunes still says "iTunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode" message and continues to take me through the restore process... I thinks there could be a malfunction with the ipod, or it is stuck in a loop somehow.

Any suggestions before I book a genius bar appointment?

Ipod Touch 32GB 4th Gen Restore Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.