Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy a new wireless keyboard for my iMac. My iMac is OSX v.10.5.8. The new wireless keyboard requires 10.6.8 or later. Will the new keyboard work with my iMac??

I want to buy a new wireless keyboard but the specs for it require OSX v.10.6.8 or later. My iMac is v 10.5.8. Will the new keyboard work with my iMac??

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 1:58 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2014 1:59 PM in response to Dalmacijo

Not unless you upgrade to Snow Leopard. You must have an Intel iMac to upgrade.

Upgrading to Snow Leopard

You can purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.

After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store. Access to the App Store enables you to download Mavericks if your computer meets the requirements.

Snow Leopard General Requirements

1. Mac computer with an Intel processor

2. 1GB of memory

3. 5GB of available disk space

4. DVD drive for installation

5. Some features require a compatible Internet service provider;

fees may apply.

6. Some features require Apple’s iCloud services; fees and

terms apply.

I want to buy a new wireless keyboard for my iMac. My iMac is OSX v.10.5.8. The new wireless keyboard requires 10.6.8 or later. Will the new keyboard work with my iMac??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.