Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any printer driver for Canon ip4200 using OS 10.9.4?

Bummed that I can't use my perfectly good printer (and new supply of ink) with Mavericks 10.9.4

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 2:20 PM

This link worked perfectly for me. I have a MacBook Pro using macOS Sierra version 10.12.2. My Canon ip4200 is back in business with no troubles. Thanks so much!!!!

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_s eries/pixma_ip4200#DriversAndSoftware

12 replies

Feb 14, 2015 6:28 AM in response to Crispian

Gutenprint allows printing in the PIXMA iP4200, it's true, but there are no options for checking ink levels, calibrating print heads, or doing any type of maintenance or service on the machine anymore. And on the printing, it has 12 sub-levels of "fine tuning" but messing with any one of them results in printing an all-black sheet (wasting 1/5 of the black tank) so the only option left for print adjustments is "fast normal". Everything else doesn't work.

I don't know if this is a Canon issue, or another massive Apple ****-up with this new operating system.

Jun 1, 2016 1:50 AM in response to tlichtenheld

And a thank you from me as well, as the 10.7 Lion driver works in 10.11.5. Makes sense I guess, as long as the print architecture of OS X doesn't change too much from version to version the older drivers should work...but this way Canon can encourage the less tech-savvy to buy a new printer...they wouldn't do that would they? Naw....

Allowed my g/f to use her printer, she was pretty happy about it and I got to look smarter than I am! 🙂

Aug 15, 2016 1:47 PM in response to winglet

hm,

tried this on 10.11.6 with driver 10.7. But for every page I try to print I get an error.

I can still not believe that I have to throw away a perfectly functioning printer for these stupid driver issues.

Help appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: _BJStatusCreateInkInformation

Referenced from: /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Filters/Raster2CanonIJ/Raster2CanonIJ.bundle/ Contents/MacOS/Raster2CanonIJ

Expected in: /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Frameworks/BJStatus2.framework/Versions/A/BJS tatus2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Any printer driver for Canon ip4200 using OS 10.9.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.