Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front camera not working (repair cost)

The front camera on my iphone 5 is not working. Everything else is fine. If I send it in for repair and it turns out to be only the camera that needs to be replaced, what would the cost of that be? If the cause of the problem is something more serious, and I would just want my phone back without the issue being resolved, what would the cost of that be?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 4:32 PM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2014 6:35 PM in response to trevoro0000

I called them and if I understand correctly, it is $269 for any repair. Doesn't matter what the problem is, it's gonna be $269 no matter what. So basically, they will charge me $269 for solving my problem, even if it's simply replacing the camera that your seem to be able to buy for a few dollars online. Am I missing something here?

Jul 28, 2014 8:45 PM in response to uglahiis

Apple doesn't repair hardware components like the camera. A battery or screen maybe but other than that you get a refurbished phone and your old one is sent back for a complete overhaul with a new serial number. You can go the route of replacing the camera part yourself but be aware Apple or it's authorized service centers will no longer look at if you have any further problem.

Front camera not working (repair cost)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.