Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Iphone 5c that wont power on, I have tried the chargers and cables and they work fine so I now beleive it is the phone

My iphone 5c has no battery life left and is unable to charge, there for unable to power on, I have tried the chargers and cables which all work fine in other devices, I am now stuck with a dead iphone5c that I need fixed

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 12:43 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 4:17 AM in response to FoxFifth

Am also having this problem. Daughter's iPhone 5c failed completely the other week after experiencing the same problem. We had a replacement phone provided that I picked up on Friday, and still have exactly the same issue with charging.

Have bought a brand new Apple Lightening cable but no joy - when switching on the phone the battery is showing as dead with an image of the lightening cable (assume this means it wants a cable plugging on). No joy with any other cables, all of which incidentally work on my own iPad Air.

Strange as well that this started happening once the IOS8.3 upgrade was loaded. With my iPad, I have not upgraded the IOS and it works fine.

So unsure if it is a software or a hardware issue. I've tried rebooting by holding the Home and On-Off switches, tried connecting it to iTunes which doesn't show the phone nor does the computer recognise it as an external device.

Really am tearing what's left of my hair out with this one - have already had three visits to the Apple Store at the Trafford Centre and can't face another......help!!!!!

I have an Iphone 5c that wont power on, I have tried the chargers and cables and they work fine so I now beleive it is the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.