Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IB lost?

While playing arrount with Xcode 5.1.1, suddenly, when clickING on MainMen.xib or attempting to build I get the message:

User uploaded file

Restarting Xcode or even the computer does not help. The error persists. What happened? Next step is to re-install Xcode, but this is strange.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 28, 2014 11:25 PM

12 replies

Jul 29, 2014 5:21 AM in response to hokanst

No, nothing in the log.

Meanwhile I created a new project. Firstly it built. Then I configured the Formatter that comes with the "Text Field with Number Formatter" offered by IB. Already this showed strange behaviour. When configureing the format, it had no effect on the numbers shown in the "formatted" testview. I had to go back to defaults and do it again and then it worked. But hellas! When I tried to build, I got the same error as before. Now I am working on a third version of my app - one which does use simple text fields without formatter. So far it seems to work. It can read and write into these text fields...... I am curious how that will end...

Jul 29, 2014 9:02 AM in response to robertfromstaefa

Ok, I made a little app with 4 Text fields with Formatter in a guest account. Seems to work - although it asked for the access to the developer tools group - for which I had to enter the previous user to get access. The program is now:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Why does it work in a guest account, but not on an admin-account?

And why does the memory go up and up?

Jul 29, 2014 9:58 AM in response to robertfromstaefa

If this works with a different account then the good new is your system and installation is basically intact. The bad news is something in your environment, most likely a file or files in your home library folder is messed up. Finding the offending file can sometimes be quick but sometime can be a royal pain, depending on what is wrong.

There is the Xcode preference file in ~/Library/Preferences (com.apple.Xcode.plist) you can start there, might get lucky. There is the ~/Library/Developer folder that has Xcode stuff in it.

A few other places to look but off the top of my head I can;t think of them. Try the plist file and see if that helps. Post back.

BTW with Mavericks you need to quit Xcode move the plist file out and reboot to ensure the old plist file is not still around.

regards

Jul 30, 2014 3:04 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hi Frank,

thanks for your input. Here is what I found - or better: did not find:

I checked various plist-files using the OS-Editor TextMate V2.0 and could find nowhere something bad in these xml-formated files. Then:

~/Library/Preferences (com.apple.Xcode.plist looks ok

~/Library/Developer does not exist on my system

The project-specific plist-files also did not show any anomalies - at least as far as I can judge it. But interesting:

When loading the project Sun_1 in Xcode and building it, it still fails with the error message:

User uploaded file

I can open MainMenu.xib with TextMate, but at a first glance I see nothing wrong with it. I have put it in a public folder for inspection: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8512941/MainMenu.xib

Hope this works. Regards - Robert

IB lost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.