Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro Retina (late 2013) is daring LOTS of battery while sleeping

Hello

So my macbook's battery started to drain like 30~70% overnight when it was sleeping.

My bluetooth is off, so is power nap.

Programs like 'caffeine' are also off.

I really don't understand why it taking so much battery.

😢 PLEASE HELP ME

(i can't go to a genius because i'm not in the states currently)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 4:32 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2014 9:32 AM in response to joonkang98

Hi there joonkang98,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

Mac notebooks: All about batteries

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1446

There are several common causes battery drain that you can minimize.

• Take steps to optimize your battery life per the Optimizing Battery Life section earlier in this article.
  • A common cause of decreased battery life is a "runaway process." Make sure to check Activity Monitorfor any runaway processes, especially after installing software updates or a new operating system. Installing updates is important to ensure optimal performance for all applications.
  • If you are still having battery runtime issues after optimizing your computer's performance and checking for runaway processes, test in Safe Mode. Safe Mode limits the active items on the system and allows testing in a more minimal environment. If the battery life is better in Safe Mode, you may need to do further software isolation for the items disabled by Safe Mode to determine what the power draw is while not operating in Safe Mode.

-Griff W.

My MacBook Pro Retina (late 2013) is daring LOTS of battery while sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.