Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop iPhone is not activated pop up?

How do I stop this message from popping up? This has been happening since I switched my plan to my other phone. I just recently switched to an iPhone 5s, but i'd still like to use my old iPhone 5 as an iPod and media player. This message pops up every 5 minutes, and it is getting very obnoxious. I would be watching a video, and it would constantly pop up and pause the video. At first it wasn't a huge deal, but now it is becoming very annoying. Please help me solve this issue! User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Activation

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 7:17 AM

FINALLY got someone who could fix this. It has to do with the iOs8 update. My carrier instructed me to turn off wi-fi and go to SETTINGS>GENERAL and scroll all the way to the bottom to RESET then RESET NETWORK CONNECTIONS. That may be enough for you but for me I had to turn off my phone & eject the SIM Card. Wait 10-15 seconds, pop back in & restart my phone. That did the trick! You can eject your SIM card by taking a paperclip & carefully (but a bit forcefully) use the end of the clip to poke into the tiny hole on the right side of your phone. I hope this works for you.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 7:17 AM in response to bitingimpression

FINALLY got someone who could fix this. It has to do with the iOs8 update. My carrier instructed me to turn off wi-fi and go to SETTINGS>GENERAL and scroll all the way to the bottom to RESET then RESET NETWORK CONNECTIONS. That may be enough for you but for me I had to turn off my phone & eject the SIM Card. Wait 10-15 seconds, pop back in & restart my phone. That did the trick! You can eject your SIM card by taking a paperclip & carefully (but a bit forcefully) use the end of the clip to poke into the tiny hole on the right side of your phone. I hope this works for you.

How to stop iPhone is not activated pop up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.