Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MiniPlayer super-mini in 11.3

When I installed the iTunes 11.3 update in mid-July my MiniPlayer became super mini:

* No album art

* No next up link

This is inconsistent with the documentation and 11.3 on my other machine running Yosemite Beta. Has anyone else experienced this? I have attached an image of my player as it stands on Mavericks.

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 7:24 AM

Hi forand,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your iTunes MiniPlayer window has been resized and isn't displaying album artwork. Try resizing the MiniPlayer window and then clicking the album artwork, as described in the articles below.

Mac Basics: Modifying windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2487

Resizing a window

To resize a window, move your pointer to a window edge or corner. You should see the pointer change to indicate that it's ready to resize. Click and drag the side or corner of the window to change its size.

iTunes 11 for Windows: Customize the iTunes window

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12364

Use the iTunes MiniPlayer

With the MiniPlayer, you can play music using a window that takes up very little space on your screen.

While using the MiniPlayer, you can adjust the volume, search your library, choose which songs play next, and more.

User uploaded file

You can also expand the MiniPlayer to an album artwork tile. When you move the pointer over the artwork, controls and song information appear.

User uploaded file

• Open the MiniPlayer: Choose View > Switch to MiniPlayer.
  • View and edit a list of upcoming songs: Click the Up Next button.
  • Keep the MiniPlayer in the foreground on your desktop: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, and select “Keep MiniPlayer on top of all other windows.”
  • Expand the album artwork: Click the artwork thumbnail. To shrink to the MiniPlayer, click the thumbnail again.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2014 7:24 AM in response to forand

Hi forand,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your iTunes MiniPlayer window has been resized and isn't displaying album artwork. Try resizing the MiniPlayer window and then clicking the album artwork, as described in the articles below.

Mac Basics: Modifying windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2487

Resizing a window

To resize a window, move your pointer to a window edge or corner. You should see the pointer change to indicate that it's ready to resize. Click and drag the side or corner of the window to change its size.

iTunes 11 for Windows: Customize the iTunes window

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12364

Use the iTunes MiniPlayer

With the MiniPlayer, you can play music using a window that takes up very little space on your screen.

While using the MiniPlayer, you can adjust the volume, search your library, choose which songs play next, and more.

User uploaded file

You can also expand the MiniPlayer to an album artwork tile. When you move the pointer over the artwork, controls and song information appear.

User uploaded file

• Open the MiniPlayer: Choose View > Switch to MiniPlayer.
  • View and edit a list of upcoming songs: Click the Up Next button.
  • Keep the MiniPlayer in the foreground on your desktop: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, and select “Keep MiniPlayer on top of all other windows.”
  • Expand the album artwork: Click the artwork thumbnail. To shrink to the MiniPlayer, click the thumbnail again.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Jul 31, 2014 9:03 AM in response to forand

Thank you Jason. I had tried resizing the window before. This time I tried every edge instead of only the there edges not at the edge of my display. Turned out that there was only one adjustable edge on the MiniPlayer. I do not understand why that would be the case but the other vertical edge is now able to be changed as well. Very odd.

MiniPlayer super-mini in 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.