Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to download pictures from our laptop to my iPad through iTunes. Receive this message "the iPad is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPad and sync with this iTunes library?" Not sure how to proceed.

Trying to download photos from my laptop to my iPad through iTunes. receive this message "The iPad is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPad and sync with this iTunes library?" If I do this will it delete all the photos presently I have on my iPad?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 1:27 PM

3 replies

Jul 29, 2014 1:36 PM in response to Embk49

If the photos you're trying to download are in the camera roll and you're on a PC, don't use iTunes. Just use windows explorer to access the iPad and it's DCIM folder, which is the camera roll.

If they're not in the camera roll then your best bet is to upload them somewhere (using something like dropbox) or if you only have a few e-mail them to yourself.

Jul 29, 2014 2:27 PM in response to Embk49

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Using The iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Jul 29, 2014 2:47 PM in response to Embk49

The short answer to the question that you asked.....

If I do this will it delete all the photos presently I have on my iPad?

.... the answer is yes, it will erase your iPad completely and remove the photos on the device. You can only sync with one iTunes library at a time. That is the way it is designed to work.

There are WiFi transfer apps that will move photos from device to device without having to sync. I use this one, and there are others available in the app store.

Wireless Transfer App Easily send photos to iPhone/iPad ...

Trying to download pictures from our laptop to my iPad through iTunes. Receive this message "the iPad is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPad and sync with this iTunes library?" Not sure how to proceed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.