Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing Pop-up-Menu

Hello!

Is it possible to open up a Pop-up-menu - depending on the previous Input?

Example:

2 columns.

first column: Pop-up-menu selection "A" or "B"

second column depening on the previous Input. If you chose "A" -> Pop-up menu "1" or "2". If you chose "B" -> Pop-up menu "3" or "4".

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 1:33 PM

10 replies

Jul 29, 2014 6:00 PM in response to Toni256.87

Hi toni,

I have been playing with this idea of conditional pop-ups. This is what I have now. I used rows, not columns. Not the sort of thing I would want to do in bulk. With the 13 rows you can choose 3 aspects. You would use column B to extract data to your data table.

User uploaded file

B2= IF(A$1="Red","show","")

B10= IF(A$1="Green","show","")

B7= IF(A$6="Sky","show","")

B8= IF(A$6="Teal","show","")

B9= IF(A$6="Aqua","show","")

That should give you the idea.

User uploaded file

Column B can be hidden. The choice made in A1 determines which of A2, A6 or A10 can be seen. When the filter is on only one "choose shade" row is revealed. Once a shade is selected a quality can be chosen.

Does this seem useful?

quinn

Jul 30, 2014 7:26 AM in response to Toni256.87

Hi Toni,

I can't see any mistake in your formula. It is not like there is that much to it, either.

Try a restart of your machine and Numbers,

You might start over and if you typed the formula entire last time do as much with your trackpad. is Type "= if" return, with "if-expression" highlighted click A1, Type ="Blue" (with the quotes), click "if-true" type "show" and so on.

I am fishing here the syntax looks fine to me.

quinn

note

the link that worked was: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/bildschirmfotox3ynchqt1j.png

you can load an image directly using the camera icon in the reply window

This solution should work on a Mac- it will not work in a form in iOS (filters do not affect forms).

q

changing Pop-up-Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.