Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is now severely messed up after connecting iPod to its iCloud account, and after switching to that same Apple ID for iMessage/FaceTime

So, it all started with iMessage. FaceTime had similar log in symptoms as well, but I don't really use FaceTime. The best way I can describe it is with this... Paragraph I sent to my friend, describing my dilemma.

iMessage and everything was PERFECT for about a day, then it stopped working suddenly on my iPad. Then it wouldn't work on both. Then I could sign in on my iPod but not my iPad. Then finally I could log in to both. But it deleted the old send and receive email I was using, so everyone I texted would see an email rather than my name. It WOULD NOT let me add the email again, it would refuse to send a verification email to allow it to work, and would finally just say "error". Now it suddenly stopped working on my iPad and it hasn't worked at all for almost 2 days now. Oh and I only receive notifications for VZ Messages on my iPod, not my iPad. All the settings are perfectly in order on my iPad as well, so I have no clue what to do.

Instagram notifications also have appeared to behave as the VZ Messages notifications have. Any ideas? These are all of my top-used apps, and all of their noticatioms are left broken on my iPad after I added my iPod to my iCloud account, and started using my own Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime.

DO NOT BOTHER GIVING ME THESE LINKS, AS THEY ARE NOT EVEN DESCRIBING THE SAME ISSUE I AM HAVING.

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation

iOS: FaceTime or iMessage is "Unable to verify email because it is in use"

If you didn't receive your Apple ID verification or reset email

iOS 7.1.2, iPad mini with Retina Display

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 4:11 PM

There are no replies.

iPad is now severely messed up after connecting iPod to its iCloud account, and after switching to that same Apple ID for iMessage/FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.