Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you have to have i-Tunes running to use Apple TV? Coul dyou access your media on a network drive?

I wonder if there is a way to access your media collection (music, TV, movies, etc,) directly from a network drive rather than via i-Tunes? Thanks! Jerry Michels

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 9:20 AM

If you are using home sharing then you need your computer on and running iTunes. If you have a drive that supports airplay that would be the only other way.

3 replies

Jul 30, 2014 9:45 AM in response to vazandrew

OK, thanks. I am using home sharing. I wonder about using Airplay. I have a 3TB Seagate network drive. Would there be a way to enable it?

One more unrelated question perhaps you or someone else could answer. I ahve a current problem where Apple TV keeps asking for my Apple ID and Password. It accepts the ID, but will not accept the Password even though i-Tunes, my i-Phones, and an i-Pad do. Very frustrating!!!

Thanks again.

Jerry Michels

Do you have to have i-Tunes running to use Apple TV? Coul dyou access your media on a network drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.