Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPod Touch 5g get so warm?

I have an iPod Touch 5g and whenever I'm using it(playing games, watching videos, surfing the net) it seems to get warm near the top by the front camera. It's not terrible it just seems extremely distracting. If I'm playing a game in landscape mode one side is warm(top side) and the other is normal(bottom side). Is this how it's supposed to be because its annoying.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 12:37 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2015 6:29 PM in response to lllaass

I just noticed this problem, I had never felt it before.

Also why does that part get warm even though that's not where the battery is located?

Does this effect anything else about the iPod? If I feel it getting warm, I kinda panic and put it on lock screen.

Oh, in regards to the battery, how long is a full charge supposed to take? Sometimes i charge it to 100% but within half an hour of usage, it goes to 90% even if it's not anything that drains battery usage.

Mar 24, 2015 6:33 PM in response to hq94

Understand the device is like a small computer. With your computer, it has a heat sink and fan to help dissipate or get rid of the heat. That does not exist on the iPod. The case is used to do that. Because of that, as the processor works more, or as the device is charging, you will feel the device get warm. The harder the processor works, the warmer it will get, and it needs to use the case to help get rid of the heat. It is not a problem, it is expected as Illaass stated in the earlier post.

To answer your question about a charge, the rate the device discharges is going to depend on what you are doing with it.

Why does my iPod Touch 5g get so warm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.