Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone screen gone blank

MY iPhone 5c recently just froze - the screen then went blank and I haven't been able to get the screen to turn back on, I can hear the noise of the camera etc so it's not switched off the screen is just black?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 2:38 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2014 1:45 PM in response to samanthajg123

Hello samanthajg123,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot this issue of your iPhone's screen being black, please follow the steps below.

1. Toggle the ringer switch to see if the unit vibrates. If it does, it could be that iPhone is getting power, but is not displaying any image.
  2. Try turning iPhone off and then on again.
  3. While connected to the iPhone charger, try to reset the iPhone.
  4. If the low-battery screen appears, charge the iPhone.
    User uploaded file

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

Contact Apple Support.

Take care,

Alex H.

Sep 14, 2015 3:40 AM in response to samanthajg123

Same problem.

I followed the suggestion on the blogs here and on other sites to do with pressing the camera lens (gently). In the end I squeezed the phone between two fingers and "squashed" the lens (gently) and using a soft cloth in front of the lens. Presto.

A shame a brand new phone (a replacement for the first faulty one) already malfunctioned. But at least my at home fix worked and saved a half day trip to Apple.

iPhone screen gone blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.