Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro 13inch does not give me the option to switch from headphones to line in

im trying to use my headphone out put as a line input as confirmed

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 7:14 AM

Which MacBook Pro 13" model do you have?

The older models have a dual port: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) - Technical Specifications

Combined headphone/line in (supports digital output)

The newer models only have a headphone port: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013) - Technical Specifications

Headphone port

• Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
  • Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone

If your Mac does not have the the combined headphone/line in port, use an input splitter (for example this 2x 3-Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SP0WAQ) or an audio interface; the most basic would be the iMic Recording with iMic in GarageBand

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2014 7:14 AM in response to tallies1

Which MacBook Pro 13" model do you have?

The older models have a dual port: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) - Technical Specifications

Combined headphone/line in (supports digital output)

The newer models only have a headphone port: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013) - Technical Specifications

Headphone port

• Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
  • Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone

If your Mac does not have the the combined headphone/line in port, use an input splitter (for example this 2x 3-Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SP0WAQ) or an audio interface; the most basic would be the iMic Recording with iMic in GarageBand

my macbook pro 13inch does not give me the option to switch from headphones to line in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.