Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6.2 quits in middle of recording

Hello,

I am using Keynote to record an e-learning series from slides with voice, which I then export to quicktime movie.

A typical recording consists of 60 slides with "magic move" transitions and object builds in the slides mostly using "appear"

The frustration is that I'm unable complete a recording because my version of Keynote quits on me without warning, so I lose everything, have to start again and then experience the problem anew. It's costly as I am up against a deadline and am struggling with this problem.

Has anyone solved this issue and is anyone able to advise on possible remedial action?

I am using a mac mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 with 4GB memory

Thank you for your help

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), OS X 10.9.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 10:28 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2014 10:43 AM in response to stepbate

I am assuming your using Keynote 6 with Mavericks so try this repair for Keynote, ensure you complete all the tasks and in the order shown:

delete all the iWork applications if you have them, not just Keynote, using Appcleanerfrom Mac Update, its a freeware application

empty the trash: Finder > Empty Trash

Shut down your Mac, wait 30 seconds, then power on the Mac, immediately after the start chime, hold down the Shift key

When you see the grey Apple symbol and progress indicator (a spinning gear), release the Shift key.

If you are prompted to log in, type your password, then hold down the Shift key again as you click Log in.

Let the Mac fully boot up, it will take longer as the OS is repairing the drive

when fully booted, go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility; click on the boot drive then First Aid tab and click repair disc permissions

when complete, restart the Mac normally, Apple menu > Restart

install Keynote from the Mac App Store

Keynote 6.2 quits in middle of recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.