Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot MacBook Air from remote CD?

I just bought a MacBook Air second hand and Verified Disk Permissions to see if anything was wrong, there is. Now, it works fine, I only need it for light work, but it recommends that I boot from the install CDs, which I have... but I need one of those external Optical Drives.

Now, I do have an iMac and I seem to recall that there was some software that came out that would allow a wireless connection but am not sure if that will work when booting from the CD, my suspicions are that it will not. It's my day off and I only get one so I do not want to spend the whole day trying to figure this out, of course I could have tried it but I thought that reaching out to the community might be best.

Any ideas please?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 16GB RAM, late 2011

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 9:52 AM

10 replies

Jul 31, 2014 10:06 AM in response to Melophage

You are correct. If the OP has one of those earlier MBAs then he can use his iMac DVD drive in concert with the MBA.

It is helpful if the EXACT model of a Mac is given initially, helping me to avoid these types of mistakes. I suggest that he download the appropriate user manual which has all of the necessary information.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#macnotebooks

Ciao.

Boot MacBook Air from remote CD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.