Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are my headphones activating siri and voice control?

This just started happening the other day after I updated it. When I plug my headphones in, it activates siri, and if siri is off it turns on voice control. Is there anyway to fix this? I like being able to switch the songs on my headset and not have to pull my phone out everytime. And the voice contol thing is pretty annoying, how do i turn it off?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 9:06 AM

Hello xlKamikazeelx,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Are you using the included Ear Pods with remote that came with your iPhone? Please follow the steps below to see if the center button could be stuck, causing this to occur.

The stereo headset buttons are not functioning properly

1. Verify the headset being used is compatible with the iPhone.
  2. Verify there is no debris in the headset jack.
  3. Insert the stereo headset and play audio using the Music app. Verify both left and right channels are functioning.
  4. Press the center button to see if it can pause and resume audio.
  5. Make a phone call and see if the microphone is working.
  6. If the issue persists, try another headset.
  7. If the issue persists with another headset, have the iPhone serviced.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Take care,

Alex H.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2014 9:06 AM in response to xlKamikazeelx

Hello xlKamikazeelx,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Are you using the included Ear Pods with remote that came with your iPhone? Please follow the steps below to see if the center button could be stuck, causing this to occur.

The stereo headset buttons are not functioning properly

1. Verify the headset being used is compatible with the iPhone.
  2. Verify there is no debris in the headset jack.
  3. Insert the stereo headset and play audio using the Music app. Verify both left and right channels are functioning.
  4. Press the center button to see if it can pause and resume audio.
  5. Make a phone call and see if the microphone is working.
  6. If the issue persists, try another headset.
  7. If the issue persists with another headset, have the iPhone serviced.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Take care,

Alex H.

Aug 1, 2014 5:13 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Yeah Im thinking it might be the headphones cuz it just started working again randomly. Kinda. I can pause skip and repeat the songs, just not adjust the volume. Its kind of odd though because I just started using the headphones only a month ago. Till then I was just using some old ear buds that I had till one side shorted out. Looks like Ill have to pick up some new ones. Unfortunately I'm gonna be looking at some different brands though. I just don't want to have to buy a new set every month 😟😟 Thanks for your response 🙂🙂

why are my headphones activating siri and voice control?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.