Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On iphone 5, I make appointment in ical, it still shows my home base time zone and causes misscheduling

Going insane with schedules and icalendar conflicts. Ever since I shared all my data with iCloud, its been completely out of sync.

Im in the EU. Home base is New York. iPhone 5 has automatic time zone on. So does Macbook Pro. I make appointments on the iphone and it keeps showing me the NY time zone. I dont need that ! When it schedules the appointment, its invariably in the wrong zone - either on my synced computer or the phone - alarms going off at all hours !!!! Help !

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10), all imacs etc for 10+ years

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 11:55 AM

3 replies

Aug 5, 2014 1:54 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks for trying Alex, but it still does not work for me.

I think something bigger is wrong?

Ical will not let me transfer the data to iCloud and I keep getting this error message (see image)

On my phone, after following the suggestions you sent me, I turned off time zone support on all devices

I still have a red marker line on the iphone for the NY time zone - even though everything is set to eastern EU.

I feel terrible with this silliness, as I was perfectly content with ical and computer - once I started iCloud, it all went nuts.

Currently I cannot schedule things at all - please help !

User uploaded file

On iphone 5, I make appointment in ical, it still shows my home base time zone and causes misscheduling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.