Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant load a file from my computer to itunes

I cant seem to load a file from my computer to my Itunes library. My files all can be played on the Itunes library and the album even appears on my list with the correct album artwork, but when i try playing it, it displays a messages saying that the song can not be found, and ive tried uploading it viva the add file to library option, but it does not work, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 12:48 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2014 7:30 AM in response to MeatWadMan

Hi MeatWadMan,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I know how frustrating it is when a file cannot be played from iTunes. There are a few different things you can do to get this resolved though. When you click on a file in iTunes, it reads and plays that file from the iTunes Media folder on your computer. Most of the time when you receive an alert like the one you are getting, it is because that file is not in the iTunes media folder. The first article attached is the one that explains where the iTunes Media folder is located and how to move a file into it. Please read over it and use it as a reference.

Where are my iTunes files located?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1391

I gave you that article first because it sounds like you know where the file is located, but it just may not be in the correct spot. If you cannot locate the file, please use this attached article for help locating it.

iTunes: Finding lost media and downloads

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1408

Have a great day and please tell Master Shake and Frylock to do so as well,

Joe

I cant load a file from my computer to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.