Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timing issue when converting

Musical timing is critical with my slideshow. As a result, the display and transition timing is veraible from frame to frame, but works very well.

When converting to Quicktime movie, the timing becomes way off, and lags behind the music by about 2 seconds.

Don't seem to get a chance to correct this when converting.

Would appreciate any help with this one. 😀

Using Keynote 09 version 5.3

Many Thanks 🙂

iWork Pages-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 7:51 PM

Keynote is hit or miss when playing sound to images as there isn't an internal sync system built in to Keynote. Simple short duration presentations are not an issue. Close all open applications except for Keynote and have a good amount of RAM in the Mac are simple things that will help playback.

For self playing presentations that require precise timing, use a video editing application to create a Quicktime file. I regularly create image content in Keynote, export to Quicktime then combine the images and sound in Final Cut Pro. iMovie or a dozen other applications would work also.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2014 7:51 PM in response to Sights3

Keynote is hit or miss when playing sound to images as there isn't an internal sync system built in to Keynote. Simple short duration presentations are not an issue. Close all open applications except for Keynote and have a good amount of RAM in the Mac are simple things that will help playback.

For self playing presentations that require precise timing, use a video editing application to create a Quicktime file. I regularly create image content in Keynote, export to Quicktime then combine the images and sound in Final Cut Pro. iMovie or a dozen other applications would work also.

Timing issue when converting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.