2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 1:52 PM by Sights3
Sights3 Level 1 (5 points)

Musical timing is critical with my slideshow. As a result, the display and transition timing is veraible from frame to frame, but works very well.

When converting to Quicktime movie, the timing becomes way off, and lags behind the music by about 2 seconds.

Don't seem to get a chance to correct this when converting.

Would appreciate any help with this one.

Using Keynote 09 version 5.3

Many Thanks 

iWork Pages, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • Gary Scotland Level 6 (12,270 points)

Keynote is hit or miss when playing sound to images as there isn't an internal sync system built in to Keynote. Simple short duration presentations are not an issue. Close all open applications except for Keynote and have a good amount of RAM in the Mac are simple things that will help playback.

For self playing presentations that require precise timing, use a video editing application to create a Quicktime file. I regularly create image content in Keynote, export to Quicktime then combine the images and sound in Final Cut Pro. iMovie or a dozen other applications would work also.

• Sights3 Level 1 (5 points)

Thanks Gary, I guess yours is the only viable option given the shortcomings of Keynote.

Mind you, having been a PC user until a year ago, Powerpoint has many of the same issues. It seems that inserting audio and video has its issues with both presentation softwares.

Thanks again and best regards,