Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop Names are the Same

When I try to AirDrop something to one of my family members, it all displays the same name and contact pic. Help?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 7:05 PM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Superluigi6

I have an iphone and 2 ipads in my name, 1 ipad in my daughter's name and my husband has an iphone. I deleted my email address from my phone because it was showing up as my husband's name. That seems to have solved the problem on my daughter's ipad (my phone shows up as my name now), but not on my ipad (still shows up as my husband's name)??? I'm not sure why or how the same device would show up different ways on different devices... Any thoughts???

Feb 18, 2015 8:00 PM in response to SuzySSD

I've been all over these threads, and some have posted some solutions. Unfortunately, none of them weked for me. I have a Mac, iPhone 6, iPod 5, and iPad mini. In Airdrop my iPhone shows up on my son's iPod and my daughter's iPad as the contact name they have stored for me in their contacts. However, both of their devices appear as my daughter in my Airdrop display. We all share the same iCloud account, but use different send/receive email addresses for iMessage and FaceTime. I also have my son and daughter saved in my contacts with their respective email addresses. My daughter's email address begin as with the letter 'A', so I'm thinking airdrop uses some sort of alphabetic logic for secondary email addresses ties to the iCloud account.

AirDrop Names are the Same

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.