Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV connectivity with network suddenly stopped; reset twice; laptop and desktop access internet fine; Apple TV box bad?

Our Apple TV has worked fine with our Wi-Fi network for about a year. Connectivity suddenly stopped. I have reset it twice but it is still unable to connect to the internet using my Wi-Fi name and password. Both our iMac and Macbook are accessing the network without issues. Is our Apple TV box bad?

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 12:39 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2014 3:13 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks, Alex. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help. I physically moved my TV and Apple TV device right next to my router. Once again, both my iMac and Macbook computers connect to internet with no issues. I attached the Apple TV device to my router via ethernet and everything worked fine. I downloaded the latest update to Apple TV. I thought, once disconnected from ethernet, everything would work. No joy. Same error message. It lists my WLAN but will not connect wireless. I believe I have a RF transmit issue in the devcie. Any more thoughts before I go to Apple Customer Service?

Cheers,

John

Aug 5, 2014 9:10 AM in response to Heypaddles

Hello Heypaddles,

As it says at the bottom of the article, please contact Apple Support if the troubleshooting in the article didn't resolve the issue:

If you tried all of these steps and your Wi-Fi issues persist, contact Apple technical support or take your Apple TV to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).

Note: Diagnostic fees may apply for issues not covered under warranty or the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP).

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4546

Take care,

Alex H.

Apple TV connectivity with network suddenly stopped; reset twice; laptop and desktop access internet fine; Apple TV box bad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.