Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't turn on (lock button broken)

iPhone 4s turned off in my pocket and won't turn back on,

the battery was above 60% and I have it charging for 15mins.

I checked the cable and it works with my friends phone.

I cannot hold the lock button and home button(lock button broken)

I'm a bit confused now as to what I should do? Can I do anything from my itunes? the phone doesn't register with my work laptop but will try it with my personal laptop when I get home.

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 7:05 AM

Connect in recovery mode:

Use recovery mode

Recovery mode erases your device and restores it, which should resolve the issue. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore from your backup after recovery.

1. Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
  2. Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
  3. Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
  4. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.
  5. iTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

copied from If you can't update or restore your iOS device

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2014 7:05 AM in response to Mcbozz

Connect in recovery mode:

Use recovery mode

Recovery mode erases your device and restores it, which should resolve the issue. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore from your backup after recovery.

1. Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
  2. Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
  3. Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
  4. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.
  5. iTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

copied from If you can't update or restore your iOS device

iPhone won't turn on (lock button broken)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.