Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Code Signing Certificate in Profile Manager

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'm not a professional and managing a server isn't in my skill set. I have an old Mac mini running the Mavericks server to dabble with.

Recently, the code-signing certificate (I assume self-signed) disappeared from Profile Manager for the option to "Sign configuration profiles" – no idea why, and I'm struggling to get it back, it just doesn't appear in the drop down.

Under "Certificates" in Server.app, and within Keychain Access; it's still in the system and can be seen, where there are two of them.
I've tried renewing both of these through Server.app to see if that would be a quick fix, but nothing.

Could someone advise me on how to create a new verified code signing certificate for use with profile manager?

Kind regards,

Jamie

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Aug 1, 2014 1:25 AM in response to jamie.shaw

Tried again. Destroyed OD and recreated – code signing appears. Reboot machine, code signing disappears.

I tried exporting out the Code Signing Cert before rebooting the machine and reimporting after it disappears only to get "This profile cannot be used to sign profiles".

Any idea what could be breaking the code-signing on reboot? Really bizarre.

Missing Code Signing Certificate in Profile Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.