Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem WiFi between apple tv and vodafone station

sorry for the bad English but I'm using google translator 😟

Hello everyone, I have a problem that for a year now haunts me: I have a router called Vodafone Station (first version, the router is an Italian company), which strangely does not allow the connection of the Apple TV, so much so that the screen quest 'last, already selecting my home network from -3906 error before and after entering the WPA password. What I do not understand (and have not explained it the customer service hotline Vodafone will coach the Apple Authorized shop where I bought the Apple TV that is personally came to my home) is that other devices at home (multiple computers and PS3, among other things, the latter placed NEXT to the Apple TV), connect safely with no problems whatsoever. I personally have already tried changing the WiFi channel Vodafone Station, reconfigure it from scratch, but nothing. I also evaluated the interference factor (boh) but moving the Apple TV on the other side of the house the problem persists. Another thing to consider is that the problem is not in the Apple TV but in my home network because taking it in the store or otherwise connecting to another network and it works perfectly, however, in the early days of buying the Apple TV is connected safely while now with the SAME IDENTICAL configuration not anymore.

EDIT: Can anyone help me? In the meantime, I switched from VS1 to VS2 but the WiFi still does not work (usually error -3906). With the ethernet cable instead everything is ok.

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 10:20 AM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2014 8:50 AM in response to FrancescoValeri

Hi FrancescoValeri,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand how frustrating it can be when all of your devices with the exception of your Apple TV connect to your home network. In this situation I would recommend using the attached article for troubleshooting.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4546

Have a great day,

Joe

Problem WiFi between apple tv and vodafone station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.