Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create an event in two different time zones?

Hello,

I am traveling a lot and I would like to be able to enter the flight details in iCal - whether on my iPhone, iCloud, i... whatever. The problem is that I cannot manage to enter these details without calculating the time difference. Example:

I am flying on Saturday from Frankfurt to Japan. My flight takes off at 19:00h local German time and arrives in Tokyo at 13:00h local time (in Japan)

I can either specify the time zone for Germany or for Tokyo, but is there a way to enter the event from 19:00h German time to 13:00h Tokyo time?

Thank you very much for your time.

Larry

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 12:10 PM

7 replies

Aug 4, 2014 8:15 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex,

this applies only when the event takes place in one time zone, but in my case I start the event on one time zone and ends in a different time zone. As it is known, the airlines show always the local times on the ticket. Which means that I start my travel at 19:00h German time (UTC +2) and end it at 13:00h Tokyo time (UTC +9). When I create the event I can choose From Date/Time... To Date/Time and below I have Time zone. Ideally I should have two time zones, one for the start and another for the end.

Since this situation only applies to travelling (I can't think of another case right now), I believe that Apple didn't take this into consideration.

Any other thoughts/ideas? Other than manually calculating the difference, of course.

Aug 10, 2014 7:58 AM in response to Loerincz

I Have the same darned problem. I found some way to make the calendars to "float", but for the life of me I can't remember how.

And it is annoying to look at your calendar and not know if the time you are looking at is the ACTUAL time of your appointment in that particular zone, or if it's the time in the time zone you added to appointment. Grrr

Aug 12, 2014 6:23 AM in response to bigalwood

bigalwood wrote:

And it is annoying to look at your calendar and not know if the time you are looking at is the ACTUAL time of your appointment in that particular zone, or if it's the time in the time zone you added to appointment. Grrr

If you read the post above yours you will see how that is done.

Just turn Time Zone support ON.

How to create an event in two different time zones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.