Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing an edited iMovie

I am using iMovie version 10.0.4 to edit a screencast that I have developed on my Mac Book Pro. I have imported my original screencast and edited it down to a 45-minute final product. When I attempt to share the final version, it is only sharing a small portion (2-3 minutes) of the finished product - not the entire thing. This happens when I share as a file or via email. In total, it says there are "44 item" that may up this movie. Is it possible that only one item is being shared? How do I share the whole thing?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 12:32 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2014 9:34 AM in response to andreaparrish

Hi andreaparrish,

You may need to make sure that your whole project is selected when you choose to share the project. If there is only one clip in the project selected, then iMovie may try sharing just that clip. You can see the length of the clip you are about to share in the popup window, below the preview window right next to the black clock face icon:

User uploaded file

iMovie (2013): Share online

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14735

If the length of your whole project does not match the length listed in that window, then you know your whole project has not been selected to share. Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

Sharing an edited iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.