Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Reset A Mac Mini Back To Factory Settings

I just want to know how I can reset a Mac Mini to its original factory settings. However, I have extra question too. If I reset it, will EVERYTHING in it be erased from passwords to personal information? I want to be sure so I know and I can save the files I don't want to lose.

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 1:08 PM

12 replies

Aug 1, 2014 7:08 PM in response to Niel

I followed the instructions but I am stumped. When I get to "Erase Free Space" tab, it ask me what to choose. Either I want the Fastest, Most Secure or between them both. I did the fastest option and I feel like it didn't work.

In case you ask, my Mac Mini has Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Anyone knows what I can do please help me. I am desperate.

Aug 2, 2014 7:12 AM in response to lllaass

When I followed the instructions, nothing happened. So I contacted Apple online, they suggested I upload OS X Mavericks. I assumed by uploading it I start the rebooting of the computer. So after adding it on my computer and restarting my computer, my computer came on showing what language do I want my Mac Mini to be. I am guessing it is in my original factory condition then? Does this mean it is wiped clean of information and files then huh?

How To Reset A Mac Mini Back To Factory Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.