Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upgrade my Garage Band version cause mi Mac mini version is 10.7.5 What can I do?

I can't upgrade my Garage Band to 10.0.2 version because mi Mac mini version is 10.7.5 What can I do?

The window like appears below is showed when I try to instal de new GB.

User uploaded file

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 8:44 PM

Update to 10.9 along with the other 16 updates you have.

Some people don't like the new Garageband make sure you want it be for you go through the trouble of a os update.

You should still install those 16 other updates no matter what you decide.

5 replies

Jul 31, 2014 11:14 PM in response to Rudyeres

Just a few notes. Don't uninstall GarageBand '11, but keep it in addition to GarageBand 10. Some features have been discontinued in GarageBand 10.0. You may need the older version for your older projects, if you use the sound effects instruments or want to make a podcast.

Both versions are working with MacOS X 10.9.

You'll notice,that GarageBand 10.0 will only install a basic set of instruments and loops. More instruments can be bought by an in-app purchase.

See: Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

You may be able to get this purchase for free, since you owned a previous version: Try "GarageBand > Restore Purchase".

I can't upgrade my Garage Band version cause mi Mac mini version is 10.7.5 What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.