Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - "Ready to play ...." message

I've been using AppleTV for a couple years and movies purchased with iTunes have always started very quickly. In the last couple weeks, whenever I try to start a movie, I get a message "Ready to play in X hours X minutes". Nothing has changed in my network or configuration. I have a very fast network and my speeds are not slow with anything else (I've ran a few speed tests as well). This is relatively recent and is really souring me on purchasing or watching the over 150 movies I've purchased from iTunes. FYI - Netflix nor Hulu is slow - they run just as fast as always.

Suggestions?

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 9:51 PM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2014 12:06 PM in response to CarlAVII

I had checked most of the items listed in the article as well as rebooting network devices and the AppleTV unit. I came across another support question that was similar and it was suggested in that thread to change DNS to 8.8.8.8. I can't remember the logic for doing this, but it corrected this issue immediately. Haven't had any problems since.

Apple TV - "Ready to play ...." message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.