Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my Apple ID security questions if I forgot them and they aren't showing the link that reset them?

I've been trying to download TV shows on my iPod touch 4th generation but then it required me to answer my security questions but I forgot them. I tried following the steps but the reset button on the manage account and passwords aren't showing. Help me.

iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 12:07 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2015 2:19 PM in response to jes_havefun

Sorry to hear about that.

That reset link you are speaking of will only show up if you have a rescue email address entered for your Apple ID. If you do have a rescue email address entered but are still not seeing this option, there may be something else going on.

What you can do is contact Apple Support directly, and you will need to speak with the Account Security department and verify your identity with them over the phone. After successful verification, the Advisor can reset your security questions for you allowing you to create 3 new questions and answers. You can contact Apple Support here:

https://www.apple.com/support/contact/

How do I reset my Apple ID security questions if I forgot them and they aren't showing the link that reset them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.