Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Utility 5.6.1 set up trouble on OS.10.6.8

Hello,

I've bought the latest Airport Capsule last week and i've tried to connect to it from my Macbook but it won't work.

When i try to use the Airport software to connect to the capsule, the system asks me to update the software.

My current system version is OS. 10.6.8 so the normal update for Airport software is Airport Utility 5.6.1.

However, when i try to install it on my computer, there is an error which interrupts the installation and a message to ask me to contact the software editor.

Could you help me solve that problem please ?

Thank you very much,

Florent

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 6:02 AM

My current system version is OS. 10.6.8

Please see the System Requirements for setup and administration of the Time Capsule:

Setup and Administration

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6 or later and AirPort Utility 1.3
  • Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later and AirPort Utility 6.3

http://www.apple.com/airport-time-capsule/specs/

If you don't have an iPhone or iPad that meets that requirements above......then you will need to upgrade the operating system on your Mac to at least Lion (10.7.5)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2014 6:02 AM in response to fpons

My current system version is OS. 10.6.8

Please see the System Requirements for setup and administration of the Time Capsule:

Setup and Administration

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6 or later and AirPort Utility 1.3
  • Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later and AirPort Utility 6.3

http://www.apple.com/airport-time-capsule/specs/

If you don't have an iPhone or iPad that meets that requirements above......then you will need to upgrade the operating system on your Mac to at least Lion (10.7.5)

Aug 1, 2014 7:04 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thank you very much for your answer....

However :

1) According to this page : AirPort Utility software and firmware downloads, i should be able to use Airport Utility 5.6.1 as it is compatible with AirPort Express 802.11n (2nd Generation).

2) I should be able to set up Airport Utility 5.6.1 on my computer whatever the device

So if i can set up Airport Utility 5.6.1, it may solve my problem but do you have any idea about the way to achieve the set up ?

Airport Utility 5.6.1 set up trouble on OS.10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.