Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Genius update fails every time.

Hello all. I'm having problems with itunes genius on my computer. No matter how many times I try to update genius, it fails at the end. It takes a few hours collecting my information, then sends it to Apple, then as it tries to deliver the results, it fails, saying iTunes Store is busy. I have tried on many occasions over the last few months, but to no avail. I used to use genius all the time, and I really hope somebody could help me fix this. I have tried many solutions, like reinstalling itunes, deleting library files, but to no avail.

A bit more information to help you solve this issue

• I have a large itunes library, almost 2TB, approx 200,000 songs ( but I've been told this should not affect genius)
  • I am running itunes on 2 computers, both under the same login. I copy the music across to the second computer after uploading to itunes on the first (would running itunes on 2 separate computers affect genius)
  • Both computers are running Windows 7

I Really hope somebody, either through personal experience, or just technical know-how, can help me solve this problem. If not I may have to find a different music player, because genius is the only reason I stay with itunes. Thanks in anticipation.

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 7:29 AM

6 replies

Aug 3, 2014 10:49 AM in response to alfiepercy

Hello, alfiepercy.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Below, you will find the best troubleshooting articles for this issue. Be sure to try each step in the articles provided and test the results after each step.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297

Cheers,

Jason H.

Aug 17, 2014 1:20 AM in response to jason269

Hello again....

Can I reiterate that I can connect to the iTunes store, and do everything there. The only thing I'm unable to do id connect to genius. I've tried all your solutions to no avail. I've also tried deleting the contents of the folder in the 'c' drive under 'app data/itunes', as recommended by a few other people. This didn't work at all. Do I have to go the whole hog and reboot my computer to factory settings? Will this cure it?

Are there any programs that are known to affect genius updates?

I've contacted Norton.... they tried, but failed to cure it. I also have Tuneup Utilities installed. Would that affect it?

It seems that you don't know how to solve this problem. Is there anyone out there that is likely to be able to?

Cheers

iTunes Genius update fails every time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.