Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modify backgrounds

Three years ago, I created a Keynote presentation (probably version 4.?) using a one of the built in "themes". Since some of my users did not have access to Mac, I exported a PowerPoint version of that presentation. The "theme" moved over just fine.

We have since updated to Mavericks, and Keynote 6.1 which wouldn't open the original Keynote file, but would open the PowerPoint version.

We did open the original Keynote file in the 5.05 version of Keynote running under Snow Leopard and then saved the presentation out. This file would open in Keynote 6.1 in Mavericks, but the theme was only partially intact. None of the slides had the themed (or any other) background associated with them.

Is there a way to copy/export the background slide from the PowerPoint presentation and then force that behind all the text and media in the Keynote 6.1 version?

Thanks!

PowerMac, Mac OS 9.1.x

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 11:14 AM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2014 1:17 PM in response to 3msctechs

We did open the original Keynote file in the 5.05 version of Keynote running under Snow Leopard

As you have Keynote 5, install this in Mavericks and update to version 5.3.

Open the original Keynote file,created with version 5 or second best use the PowerPoint file. Do not use the file that was opened in version 6 as it will have been converted and will not have the original formatting.

Modify backgrounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.