Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud.com could not reset documents and data.

When I log-in onto iCloud.com => Account => Advanced => Reset Documents & Data, I get this message: Could not reset Documents and Data There was a problem performing the reset. Try again later.

I have tried several times but the message remains.

Thanks in advance for the support.

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 12:47 PM

18 replies

Aug 3, 2014 7:14 AM in response to Marco Lora

Hi Marco,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Try contacting iCloud Support, to resolve the issue with Resetting Documents and Data, as suggested in the article linked below.

iCloud: Resetting iCloud Documents & Data service

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5824

When you use an app that stores documents and data in iCloud, changes to those documents should appear on each of your other devices that use the app. If those changes don't appear on your other devices, you may need to reset iCloud Documents & Data.

First try following the steps for troubleshooting Documents in the Cloud. If those steps don't work, reset iCloud Documents & Data as described below. These steps won't delete your documents and data or affect the changes you've made to them.

1. If you have documents open on your devices, stop editing the documents and make sure that the edits you made on each device are saved to that device. (Refer to troubleshooting Documents in the Cloud if any of your apps report a document conflict.)
  2. On your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click your account name in the upper-right corner of the page, then choose Account Settings.
  4. Go to Advanced > Reset Documents & Data > Reset Documents and Data, then click Reset and wait for the reset process to complete.
  5. When you're asked to restart your devices, shut down each device that is set up for iCloud documents and data, then restart.

If you're unable to reset iCloud documents and data, contact iCloud Support.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Aug 5, 2014 12:38 AM in response to Marco Lora

I have the same problem, and at the worst possible time as I'm away home and my main computer and I need the Numbers / Keynote documents in the cloud and I can't do the reset :-/ The documents - or some of them - appear in generic icons and the updates are frozen

UPDATE: By any chance, have you installed Yosemite (beta), or iOS 8 on any applicable devices? When you log into iCloud.com, are the applications (Numbers / Keynote / Pages) marked "beta"? When you click on any of them do you get the msg: "Sorry, you can't use (the application) with this account right now. You've upgraded this account to iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive will be complete with (the application) for iCloud later this year."

I had a conversation with Apple support, and it appears that since I installed the public beta of Yosemite, my iCloud account has been upgraded to iCloud Drive, which is currently not fully active.

I'll attempt to logout of iCloud on the Yosemite device and see what happens next.

Aug 23, 2014 1:02 AM in response to Marco Lora

I cannot reset either. I am having all kinds of iCloud sync issues at the moment. A couple of Apps won't sync between iPad & iPhone or Mac... was hoping an iCloud [documents & data] reset would do the trick, but iCloud.com won't let me.

I was running Yosemite for a brief period (3 days) and opted to go for iCloud Drive as well. After 3 days, the bugs forced me back to a clean install of Mavericks. I think that's when I started having sync issues.

Aug 23, 2014 1:31 PM in response to Jacob Rosenfeld1

Guys forget it... I have talked to 3 different Apple support teams (normal support, developer support and iCloud support). Yesterday a senior iCloud member confirmed that if I have installed Yosemite and allowed it to use iCloud then there is no way to revert it and use it again with Mavericks. So we have to wait until Yosemite comes out and then we might have to call Support again to unlock our locked iCloud accounts to be able to use them again. That's not brilliant Apple... :-(

Aug 24, 2014 3:55 AM in response to Marco Lora

I too ran into the same Problem where my Documents and Data cannot be reset from iCloud.com and i had to revert back to Mavericks after trying Yosemite Beta 1. So i will wait until the GM is Released to resolve my Syncing issues.

My problem started when my Keyboard Shortcuts on my iPhone got Lost when i Restored my iPhone and my Keyboard Shortcuts on my iPhone 5s would not sync with the Shortcuts on my Mac.

I can see the Shortcuts on my Mac in the System Prefs, (Keyboard - Text Section) but they will not show up on my iPhone and i do not want to re-enter all those Shortcuts into my iPhone, so I will just wait for the iOS 8 & OSX 10.10 Yosemite GM Release.

I will not blame Apple because OSX 10.10 is in Beta and they warned us that we should try at our own risk so to a blame Apple is Foolish and misguided.

iCloud.com could not reset documents and data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.