Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano 6th gen screen blank, reset has not worked?

Hi

6th gen Nano, working fine, now screen blank will not turn on, or re-charge. Also tried reset but this has had no effect, has anyone got any ideas?

iPod nano

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 2:20 PM

Hi Thatch007,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod nano has a blank black screen and won't turn on. The article linked below provides suggestions that will resolve the issue through troubleshooting or service.

iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3474

Will not turn on or screen remains dark

• Connect iPod to power for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has enough charge to allow iPod to turn on.
  • If iPod does not turn on after ten minutes, try resetting the device while it is still connected to power. Reset the iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume Down button for at least eight seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear.
  • If the Apple logo appears on the display, connect iPod to a computer and verify that it appears in iTunes and can play music. If iPod appears in iTunes and can play music, no further troubleshooting is needed.

If the screen remains dark and will not turn on, then your iPod may need service.

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

For information on servicing your iPod, go to the iPod Service FAQ.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2014 2:20 PM in response to Thatch007

Hi Thatch007,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod nano has a blank black screen and won't turn on. The article linked below provides suggestions that will resolve the issue through troubleshooting or service.

iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3474

Will not turn on or screen remains dark

• Connect iPod to power for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has enough charge to allow iPod to turn on.
  • If iPod does not turn on after ten minutes, try resetting the device while it is still connected to power. Reset the iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume Down button for at least eight seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear.
  • If the Apple logo appears on the display, connect iPod to a computer and verify that it appears in iTunes and can play music. If iPod appears in iTunes and can play music, no further troubleshooting is needed.

If the screen remains dark and will not turn on, then your iPod may need service.

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

For information on servicing your iPod, go to the iPod Service FAQ.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Ipod nano 6th gen screen blank, reset has not worked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.