Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my garageband 10 extra content download?

I have a OS X Mac with a 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 and 8 GB of memory. The issues I have been having are with version 10.0.2 of Garageband. I have been trying to download the extra content for Garageband, but it never appears to go through. I click on a loop that I don't have, and a banner shows up asking me if I want to learn more about the extra content. I click learn more and it asks me to sign in with my Apple id. I do this, and then a banner says that I have already accepted the apps, and they are in my purchases list. Then it asks me to sign in again to download the apps. I do, and nothing happens. Also, the apps don't appear in my purchases list like the banner said. I have called Apple, and the man on the phone said to wait for 5 or 6 hours for the app to download. I have done this and nothing happens. I was also told by Apple to upgrade my internet speed, but this didn't help either. Any help would be great. Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 5:36 AM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2014 8:51 AM in response to Zorge671

One common problem is, that you may need to accept GarageBand 10 first.

See this document: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unable to complete in-app purchase

If you never bought any paid app from the AppStore, you may need to set up your account details, to be able to make an in-app purchase. The easiest way would be to find an inexpensive app and to go through the motions and pretend to buy it, and this way setting all account data at the AppStore - billing address, security questions, etc. Don't only check the data, erase and reenter each item, to be sure, there are no invisible characters causing problems.

Then try again to download the purchase.

Sometimes a firewall or Antivirus filters are blocking the access to the AppStore, for example Little Snitch is a candidate. And the Energy saver can be causing timeouts, if your hard disk is put to sleep.

Why won't my garageband 10 extra content download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.