Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't start up

itunes has won't start up, it is looking for apple store. But it never finishes opening. I cannot log in, I cannot access my itunes or sync my devices. I am running Windows 7. I hadn't had problems until yesterday.

Windows 7, itunes

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 9:29 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2014 9:28 AM in response to michael.learn

Hey there Michael.learn,

It sounds like you are not able to open iTunes on your PC all of a sudden. I would use the following article to help troubleshoot your program, found here:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

Start with opening iTunes in Safe Mode and work your way down the article from there:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

itunes won't start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.