Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broadcast Safe

OK, so I've got my film all Color graded in apple Color and did use Broadcast Safe in Color...however, my settings were for 100 IRE and 50 for chroma, both being the default settings. So now I have everything back in FCP and looking to do final output...I color graded with my whites only going up to about 80 because I wanted a bit of a darker more cinematic look..so my whites really aren't even a problem for Broadcast Safe...seems like my blacks might be though, just BARELY, and only at a few points...I've noticed in the scopes in FCP that sometimes the blacks dip BARELY below the zero line...and only in a few shots..and I don't really know how accurate FCP's scopes are...seems like for the most part the Broadcast Safe coming from Color has done a very good job...so should I be putting on a levels filter with the output tolerance level down to 97? as Walter Biscati suggests?? My output will initially be for Bluray and DVD btw.

I'm wondering if I should be re-rendering everything in Color with my broadcast safe settings different...like 99 IRE with a 45 chroma?? As I'm pretty new to this I'm not really sure how much effect the CHROMA has on the clips.

Should I just put a levels filter on all the clips for the entire film (86 minutes) with a lower output tolerance (97)? Should I also do something with a Chroma control to make sure of the Broadcast Safeness??

Thanks all!

David

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Compressor 1.0.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 12:04 PM

There are no replies.

Broadcast Safe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.