Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CR2 issue uploading to Iphoto 9.5.1 from Canon 6D

Hello. Any help massively appreciated.

I've got a Mac running OSX 10.9.4 - no updates required and IPhoto 9.5.1 again no updates required.

I have a Canon 6D which has uploaded RAW files previously with no troubles.

Tonight. Problem. Half of 500 photos are fine....the others say CR2 on them and don't show up. What's going on and why has it suddenly stopped working?

Thanks

Joe

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 2:54 PM

8 replies

Oct 17, 2014 12:00 AM in response to joegarthy

I do have the same problem with my Canon EOS 600D (which should be supported since OS X Lion - according to this list: OS X Lion: Supported digital camera RAW formats). All pictures were taken with the same RAW settings - some do import some not.

My Setup is:

OS X Yosemite 10.10

iPhoto 9.6

Canon EOS 600D

64 GB SanDisk class 10 (30 MB/s)

Importing from camera directly or from memory card via card reader doesn't make any difference. I also tried to have a new, empty local mediathek which doesn't change the behavior. Then I tried importing as jpeg (changed the iPhoto settings) which doesn't make any difference, too - it is still blank.

In Finder the photo shows up well when accessed by Quick View.

Cheers,

m.

Oct 19, 2014 11:59 PM in response to Yer_Man

Copying a specific photo which was not imported to iPhoto correctly to the local drive first then import to iPhoto works fine.

Nevertheless I used this card before the 9.5(.1) release without probs but I am also aware the fact that Apple is going to kill iPhoto instead of Photos for OS X so I will go with the workaround until they release it...

Cheers.

Dec 25, 2014 3:09 AM in response to joegarthy

Hello joegarthy,

I´m a little late here, but I have the same problems with my Canon 6D CR2´s since the Yosemite Update.

I always updated OS-X, iPhoto and RAW Converter to the latest - with no difference. With a just started iMac, iPhoto manages to import the first 3-7 CR2´s, then the photos disappear step by step to darkness - looks like a memory overflow problem with 12GB RAM installed...

In the meanwhile I reduced my iPhoto library, used all 4 repair functions and reinstalled iPhoto and OS-X Yosemite - with no effect.

With Canon´s Digital Photo Professional 4 App, there is no problem at all - so the trouble seems to be connected wit OS-X and/or iPhoto.

Did you manage to solve the problem on your side in the meantime?

Regards

CR2 issue uploading to Iphoto 9.5.1 from Canon 6D

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.