Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not remove verizon help center from my mac book pro

I have verizon help center on y computer. I have tried to remove it but it says it cannot be removed because its open. i hit the close button but it still says its open. how can i remove it. Verizon wants to charge me $14.95 to remove there own software.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 9:25 PM

12 replies

May 24, 2017 3:58 AM in response to daskinder

I am not an expert by any means, but I was having the same problem. I have a samsung phone, and somehow this update app was installed on my mac (I probably did it myself without realizing it).

User uploaded file

But I do not update my phone through my mac, so this is unnecessary and kind of annoying. So, I kind of stumbled around to figure out how to remove it. Here's what I found.

Open up the search spotlight, and type in "Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant." You'll get a window that shows the Verizon Wireless programs which are on your mac. Under Folders, click on Verizon Software Update. That will give you something like this:

User uploaded file

Simply move each of these items to the Trash. One of them will probably not move, because it is open. Just click on that one in the task bar or wherever its icon is, and close it, then it will move. After you have moved each of these to the trash, simply close that entire folder, and try logging in again. The Verizon Software Update reminder should be gone.

I do not know if this actually uninstalls the program. Perhaps there are persons more knowledgeable who can improve on what I did.

Apr 20, 2017 11:56 AM in response to daskinder

Launch Activity monitor

Search on right top for verizon

Select the process in the list

Click the "i" button on menu bar

Select "Open files and ports"

This will give you a list of files, some of them will be system files and some named Verizon or related

Go to the folder in finder, Usually you will see a uninstall file use it to uninstall the application, if not you can try and delete the folder (make sure it is the right folder before deleting)

Aug 2, 2014 9:28 PM in response to daskinder

Force quit ... Command + Option + Esc

If that doesn't work, force quit using the Activity Monitor located in HD > Applications > Utilities

Launch Activity Monitor then select the CPU tab.

Type Safari in the search field top right corner of the window.

Select Verizon under Process Name then click the force quit button top left side of the window.

Nov 22, 2014 4:52 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

OMG....I was told by a Verizon rep to go to the Apple store and have them remove Yosemite from my computer because that was what was causing it to not be able to close Verizon update Center. This was a great help and the only thing that worked, BUT I was not successful until I entered Verizon instead of Safari in the search window. Is that what you meant? Thanks. Marty

can not remove verizon help center from my mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.