Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use an airport express to extend my network. It stopped working and will not turn green. I have rebooted it and pressed the reset button, but it still will not turn green. The airport utility finds it, but won't turn green.

I use an airport express to extend my network. It stopped working and will not turn green. I have rebooted it and pressed the reset button, but it still will not turn green. The airport utility finds it, but won't turn green.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 3, 2014 7:28 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2014 8:00 AM in response to grantf54

The network preferences may be corrupted. I just went through this myself ..

Quit AirPort Utility if it's open.

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Click Go then move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Restart your Mac.

Reset the base statation intended for extending Wi-Fi.

Then launch AirPort Utility. Give it a few minutes to recognize the extended base station.

Your Mac will generate a new SystemConfiguration folder for you.

If that doesn't help, follow the instructions here > Wi-Fi base stations: Setting up and configuring an extended wireless network

BTW, I noticed that your profile indicates your Mac is running v10.9.2. If that is correct, update your software.

Open System Preferences > App Store > Check Now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.