Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync my iphone on a new computer

I had a PC and and some days ago I bought a mac, I had all my apps music and info in my PC, synced with my iPhone. Now I want to have all of that on my mac but I dont know how. I tried the migration assistant but it didnt work, it said that both computes werent connected to the same network. Please give me some advice cause I want to have all my stuff on my mac and be able to sync it with my iphone.

PD: I havent bought my music from itunes

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2014 2:08 PM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2014 7:17 AM in response to Machelongo

Hi Machelongo,

Typically the easiest way to bring data over from a PC to a new Mac is to use the Windows Migration assistant. The process is described in this article -

About Windows Migration Assistant

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4796

Most importantly -

Before you begin the transfer process

• To avoid interrupting the migration process, disable automatic installation of updates in Windows.
  • Disable any anti-virus software on the PC. Such software may incorrectly identify the Windows Migration Assistant process as suspicious and interfere with it.
  • Disable any firewall software on the PC. Firewall software may block needed ports for Windows Migration Assistant to run.
  • Run the check disk utility (such as chkdsk) on the PC to make sure it is free of any issues.
  • Tip: Select Start > Run… type "cmd" and press Enter. Type "chkdsk" into the command window and press Enter. If the check disk utility reports that it "found problems", enter "chkdsk /F" press Enter. Press "Y" then restart the PC. Repeat this process until the check disk utility reports no issues. If an issue persists after a few repair cycles, you should get the PC serviced before migrating your data to the Mac.

• Make sure you know the name and password of an administrator account. The first account created on the Mac is an administrator account.
  • Make sure that both the Windows PC and the Mac are on the same network, such as your home network. These are the preferred network connections, in order:
  • Use a CAT6-certified Ethernet cable that is in good condition to connect the Ethernet port of the PC directly to the Ethernet port of the Mac or Ethernet adaptor (USB or Thunderbolt). You shouldn't use an Ethernet cable that has any kinks in it or is missing connector tabs.

Use CAT6-certified Ethernet cables that are in good condition to connect the Mac and PC to your home network router/hub/switch. You shouldn't use an Ethernet cable that has any kinks in it or is missing connector tabs.

For wireless, use the fastest wireless signal possible (802.11n 5Ghz). Try to have the PC, Mac, and the wireless access point all in the same room close to each other.

I recommend doing the transfer over a wired network for two reasons. First it makes sure you really on the same network, and second it is much faster than using wireless.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

sync my iphone on a new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.