Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro with the latest version of software being os x 10.5.8. When I check for updates it does not show any available. I know I need to update it though, how do I proceed?

I have a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.5.8. When I check for software updates it shows none available. I know I need to update but unsure of how to proceed??

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 3, 2014 2:00 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2014 2:10 PM in response to dmcmiles

Hi ...

v10.5.8 is the most recent version of Leopard available.

See if your Mac can run v10.6 Snow Leopard > Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard - Technical Specifications

If so, v10.6 Snow Leopard is available for purchasing at the Apple online store > Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store

v10.6.8 Snow Leopard gives you access to the App Store for upgrades beyond v10.6 Snow Leopard.

I have a MacBook Pro with the latest version of software being os x 10.5.8. When I check for updates it does not show any available. I know I need to update it though, how do I proceed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.